Friday, October 9, 2009

"The Wall"


So we have this retaining wall to the right of our house. It has looked bad from day one in my opinion. It used to have vines growing over it(actaully roses) but the week before we closed on our house they chopped them down. So now the wall is an eye sore. So I think I am going to paint it! The picture below shows the wall as being a dark taupe that will match the siding. Rob is off next week so I hope we can do it then.



The bushes along the bottom of the wall are going to be yellow knockout roses. And remember the crape myrtles are gone and replaced with compact hollys.

Also we are going to try to get an electrician out to the house to give us a qoute on putting up two sconces on either side of the entryway. Right now there is just one light as you walk out the door. It happens to be right at the height of your head so therefore at night you get a facefull of bugs. I also want to put a recessed can light above the door. This is the sconce I really like:

No comments: